• led the way in green building for universities with 1.8 million square feet of LEED certified facilities
• reduced its natural gas use intensity by more than 35% over the last 10 years through campus energy efficiency measures
• cut operational greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by powering the main campus with carbon-free electricity as part of the UC Clean Power Program
• cultivated a new generation of sustainability champions through our robust and active sustainability internship program, serving over 600 students since 2002
• boosted sustainability on campus and beyond through partnerships with government agencies, community-based organizations, peer campuses and other entities across the region and statewide
Here's to many more!