Wednesday, Nov. 27
• All evacuation orders and debris flow evacuation warnings for all areas of Santa Barbara County have been lifted as of 11 a.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 26
• The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office has issued a Debris Flow Evacuation Warning for the area between Patterson Avenue and Ontare Road, between the 3500 and 3300 blocks of State Street and down through Las Positas Road, and south of E. Camino Cielo to the ocean. Public officials have determined there is a risk for potential debris flows in and below the Cave fire burn area.
• The mandatory evacuation order has been lifted for the area from Fairview Avenue to Patterson Avenue, north of Cathedral Oaks Road.
• In a memo to the campus, Chancellor Henry T. Yang announced that classes have been cancelled for the remainder of the week. He also urges administrators and supervisors at all levels to exercise maximum flexibility for staff members affected by the Cave fire. Read the full message here.
• The campus remains open and fully operational.
• Chancellor Henry T. Yang has sent a message to the campus community regarding the Cave fire. Read it here.
• Responding to a mutual aid request from CAL Office of Emergency Services, 11 UCPD officers worked throughout the night assisting with mandatory evacuations and security in the fire area. Officers were on scene from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Resources for Additional Information
• Santa Barbara Emergency Call Center — (833) 688-5551
Monday, Nov. 25
• Santa Barbara County reports a vegetation fire on E. Camino Cielo, near Painted Cave. County fire officials are responding and the campus is not currently under any immediate physical threat, but campus officials are closely monitoring the situation and will provide updates as necessary.
• An evacuation order has been issued for the area from Fairview Avenue east to Ontare Road, from Cathedral Oaks Road north. An evacuation warning has been issued for the area from Ontare Road east to Gibralter Road, from Cathedral Oaks Road north.
• An evacuation shelter has been set up at the Goleta Valley Community Center, 5679 Hollister Ave.