Department of Communication
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Researchers Observe and Measure Cell Membrane Hemifusion in Real Time
- Professor Helgeson Receives DOE Early Career Award for Complex Fluids Research
- UCSB is No. 7 in the World for Scientific Impact by 2015 Leiden Rankings
- Professor Igor Mezic and Colleagues Take Action to Assess Damage Potential of Refugio Oil Spill
ETS News & Announcements
Gevirtz Graduate School of Education
- Proyecto/Project HÉROES organizes “Walking Together as One: United in Our Community” event on May 30 from 10 am – 1 pm
- Yukari Okamoto presents the CORE lecture “Spatial reasoning in the early years: Principles, assertions, and speculations”
- Shaun Barbee, Jan Ferrer, and Alexa Levesque of UC Santa Barbara’s Gevirtz School are the recipients of the 2015 Guerrier “Hope” Scholarships
- Adrian Macias, Flor Perez, and Mayra Pinon-Villegas of UC Santa Barbara’s Gevirtz School named 2014-15 Glikbarg Foundation Fellowship recipients
- Desirae Martinez of UC Santa Barbara’s Gevirtz School named the Lamb Family Fellowship recipient
- 06/05/2015 - Applied/PDE: Mathias Schaeffner (Wuerzburg University, Germany) - Plates with incompatible prestrain
- 05/29/2015 - Sookyung Joo (Old Dominion University): 'Sawtooth profile in smectic A liquid crystals'
- 05/27/2015 - Discrete Geometry: Classifying Local Representations of the Braid Group
- 05/22/2015 - Applied/PDE: Zhiwen Zhang (Caltech) - 'Multiscale model reduction for stochastic partial differential equations'
- Physics Colloquium - How the Geometry of Electron Wavefunctions Underlies Topological Effects in Metal
- Department Tea
- Congratulations to Andrew Pierce who has been selected as the recipient of the 2015 College of Letters and Science Deans’ Award!
- Congratulations to Stacy Copp who has been selected to receive the Fiona Goodchild Award for Excellence